Minneapolis, KS


How do I sign up for utility service?

To sign up for electric and water service please stop by City Hall, 218 N. Rock Street, to fill out the required form. At the time of sign up a connection fee of $15 per service, plus tax, is due. For a service with both electric and water the total connection fee is $30.60. This can be done at any time but preferably at least a day before you want the services in your name.

What forms of payment does the City accept?

We accept cash, check, money orders and credit cards. When using a credit card there is a 2.5% processing fee, in addition to the charges being paid.

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Who do I contact for utility, phone, internet, television services?

The City provides electric and water service and may be reached at 785-392-2176. Gas service is provided by Kansas Gas Service, 1-800-794-4780. Landline phone service is provided by AT&T, 1-800-782-7258. Local television provider is Eagle Communications, 785-632-3118. Internet is provided, locally, by Eagle Communications, 785-632-3118 or AT&T, 1-800-782-7258. Trash service is provided by Minneapolis Refuse, 392-2564.

Where is City Hall located?

City Hall is located at 218 N. Rock Street. This is at the corner of 3rd and Rock, on the north side of the building shared with the fire department.

How do I get a hold of the Fire Department?

If it is an emergency please call 911. Otherwise the fire department is a volunteer department and can not be reached during normal business hours. Please feel free to send them mail at 218 N. Rock, Minneapolis KS 67467.

Who do I call if I don't have electricity?

If you do not have electricity during normal business hours, M-F 8-5, call City Hall at 392-2176. Outside of those hours call the Light Plant at 392-2152.

Who do I call if I don't have water?

If you do not have water during normal business hours, M-F 8-5, call City Hall at 392-2176. Outside of those hours call the Light Plant at 392-2152. If you are having issues with your water, such as low pressure or rusty water, please wait until the next business day and contact City Hall at 392-2176.

When and where are City Council meetings held?

City Council meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, at 7:00pm, at City Hall. More information is located under the government tab, city government link. The meeting dates are shown on the City calendar, located on the home page.

Do I need a fence around my pool?

If your pool is over 24" deep then a fence is required. A building permit is required for both the fence and pools that exceed the 24" depth.

When do I need to apply for a building permit?

If you will be making changes to the structure of your home or any type of addition to the house or the property, to include fences and out buildings, then you will need to stop by City Hall and pick up a building permit application. If you have any questions regarding this please call City Hall at 785-392-2176.