In November of 1910 the park was given to the City of Minneapolis by Israel and Mary Markley. To receive the gift the City of Minneapolis had to agree to name the park Markley Grove Park, keep the land as a public park and to not remove any trees.
The Park sits across the road from the town's ball fields and fairgrounds and has the Solomon River running beside it.
The park is home to a newly renovated pool and pool house and various play equipment such as slides and swings. Recently a paved walking/biking trail and a gazebo were installed.
During the months of April through September public restrooms are available.
There are also three shelters equipped with bbq grills and benches and one building, named the Scout Hall due to the Boy Scouts that helped build it, all of which are available for rent. There is no charge for use of the shelters and may be used by anyone, so long as they are not marked are reserved.
RV camper spots, including 4 that have electric hook ups, are available for rent at $10/night.
For details about renting these and to make reservations please contact City Hall, 392-2176.